School is back in session for grown up students and little kids, too. The humidity is gone and the first leaves are turning colors. Maybe you already feel nostalgic for the State Fair? Check out these books from the Metro State Library about Minnesota fairs, farms, and food.
- Minnesota State Fair: An Illustrated History by Kathryn Strand Koutsky and Linda Koutsky
- Minnesota County Fairs: Kids and Cows, Carnies and Chow by Susan Miller
- Seed Queen: The Story of Crop Art and the Amazing Lillian Colton by Colleen Sheehy
- Hit by a Farm: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Barn by Catherine Friend
- Mapping the Farm: The Chronicle of a Family by John Hildebrand
- The Haymakers: A Chronicle of Five Farm Families by Steven Hoffbeck
- Original Local: Indigenous Foods, Stories, Recipes from the Upper Midwest by Heid Erdrich
- A Cook’s Tour of Minnesota by Anne Burckhardt
- The Minnesota Ethnic Food Book by Anne Kaplan
About the Author
Martha Hardy is a Reference & Instruction Librarian and Associate Professor at Metropolitan State University.